AAV-miR-Off-Blank Control Virus (Serotype 8)
|Am00708||5 x 200 μl|
|Description||This ready-to-use AAV is part of abm’s AAV Expression System and can be used directly to knockdown your miRNA of interest in a wide range of host cells or animal models.|
|Storage Condition||AAV viruses are shipped with dry ice. For long term storage, it is recommended to store the viruses at -80°C in small aliquots to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Serotype||AAV Serotype 8|
|Unit quantity||5 x 200 μl|
|Titer||>1 x 109 GC/ml|
|What is the Sanger miRBase Sequence Database?|
miRBase is a sequence database that has been established by the Sanger Institute. Each entry in the microRNA Registry represents a predicted hairpin portion of a microRNA transcript (termed mir in the database), with information on the location and sequence of the mature microRNA sequence (termed miR). The database provides microRNA gene hunters with unique names for novel microRNA genes prior to publication of results and a searchable database of published microRNA.
|When was the latest update of your array sequences?|
The content of our arrays has been updated to miRBase Release 16.0.
|Do you sell any products that allow detection of microRNAs using in-situ methods|
We currently don't have in-situ miRNA detection methods.
|Do you have any mutant constructs available for the 3'UTR miRNA reporter vectors for miRNA-mRNA interaction validation?|
We do not have any mutant constructs in our inventory, all the listed constructs are wild type. We can offer mutant constructs as a custom service. The exact sequence to be mutated must be supplied by the end-user in each case. Please contact [email protected] with any specific requests.
|Do I need to use an internal control primer for quantitative detection of miRNAs (the same as housekeeping primers which we use in qPCR for mRNAs detection)?|
For human miRNA plates, the controls are as follows: 1) SNORD44, cat MPH00003 2) SNORD47, cat MPH00004 3) SNORD48, cat MPH00005 4) U6-2, cat MPH00001
|How does miRNA inhibitor adenovirus work?|
The miRNA inhibitor is in the form of a short hairpin which is complementary to the mature miRNA sequence that it targets. Its expression is under the control of the H1 promoter in an Adenovirus vector. The packaged adenovirus can be used to transfect your target cells and deliver the miRNA inhibitor into the cells and knockdown its target mature miRNA.
|Can I quantify mature miRNA in total RNA using your cDNA synthesis and kit and qPCR master mix?|
Yes, that is what it is designed for.
|Which genes are targeted by a specific miRNA?|
You can search for predicted and validated miRNA target genes at http://mirbase.org/. Just type in your miRNA name (eg. hsa-mir-145) or accession number in the search bar and look for the targeted genes.
|Does the profiling (qPCR) require a specific instrument or it can be done by every real time PCR instrument?|
We have a range of miRNA qPCR mastermixes available in optimized formulations for all qPCR machines, please see our web page http://www.abmgood.com/miRNA-qPCR-Mastermixes-microRNA-qPCR.html
|pLenti-III-miR-Off system or LentimiRa system uses blank vector for control, but I usually use scrambled control for si-RNA experiments. Is it supported to use blank control not scrambled for miRNA experiments?|
Both scrambled and blank controls are effective negative controls. However, there are debates over off-target effects when using scrambled sequences. By using a blank vector as negative control, the off-target effect can be eliminated. If your experiment requires a scrambled control over a blank control, we can custom make that for you as well upon request.
|Why are miRNA mimics on your site offered at 2 x 2.5nmol, but miRNA inhibitors at 2 x 5.0nmol?|
This is because our mimics now are double-stranded while the inhibitors are single-stranded. The amount of materials are quantified in OD and both mimics/inhibitors are synthesized to yield the same OD. Therefore, the number of moles of mimics is half of that of the inhibitors.
- Liang, Y., Song, X., Li, Y., Su, P., Han, D., Ma, T., … Yang, Q. "circKDM4C suppresses tumor progression and attenuates doxorubicin resistance by regulating miR-548p/PBLD axis in breast cancer" Oncogene 38(42):6850–6866 (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41388-019-0926-z.
- Verma, M., Asakura, Y., & Asakura, A. "Inhibition of microRNA‐92a increases blood vessels and satellite cells in skeletal muscle but does not improve duchenne muscular dystrophy–related phenotype in mdx mice" Muscle & Nerve 59(5):594–602 (2019). DOI: 10.1002/mus.26433.
- Wu., Chien-Wei., . "Downregulation of MiR-144 by Triptolide Enhanced p85α−PTEN Complex Formation Causing S Phase Arrest of Human Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cells" European Journal of Pharmacology 855:137-148 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2019.04.052..
- Wu, M.-J., Chen, Y.-S., Kim, M. R., Chang, C.-C., Gampala, S., Zhang, Y., … Chang, C.-J. "Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Directs Stem Cell Polarity via Regulation of Mitofusin" Cell Metabolism 29(4):993–1002.e6 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.cmet.2018.11.004.
- Xiang, X., Zhou, Y., Sun, H., Tan, S., Lu, Z., Huang, L., & Wang, W. "Ivabradine abrogates TNF-α-induced degradation of articular cartilage matrix" International Immunopharmacology 66:347–353 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.intimp.2018.11.035.
- Zhou, Y., Lei, J., Xie, Q., Wu, L., Jin, S., Guo, B., ... & Zhang, J. "Fibrinogen-like protein 2 controls sepsis catabasis by interacting with resolvin Dp5" Science Advances 5(11):eaax0629 (2019).
- Zhu, R., Xue, X., Shen, M., Tsai, Y., Keng, P. C., Chen, Y., … Chen, Y. "NFκB and TNFα as individual key molecules associated with the cisplatin-resistance and radioresistance of lung cancer" Experimental Cell Research 374(1):181–188 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2018.11.022.