Anti-GAPDH Loading Control Monoclonal Antibody
|Name||Anti-GAPDH Loading Control Monoclonal Antibody|
|Category||Loading Control Antibodies|
|Description||This gene encodes a member of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase protein family. The encoded protein has been identified as a moonlighting protein based on its ability to perform mechanistically distinct functions. The product of this gene catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The encoded protein has additionally been identified to have uracil DNA glycosylase activity in the nucleus. Studies of a similar protein in mouse have assigned a variety of additional functions including nitrosylation of nuclear proteins, the regulation of mRNA stability, and acting as a transferrin receptor on the cell surface of macrophage. Many pseudogenes similar to this locus are present in the human genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2014]|
|Recommended Dilutions||It is very useful as a loading control for quantitative western blotting. The antibody recognizes a 37kDa band in a Western Blot analysis.|
|Storage Buffer||PBS, pH 7.4 with 0.05% sodium azide.|
|Storage Condition||This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use. For extended storage, aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Expiration date is one (1) year from date of receipt.|
|Guarantee||abm guarantees that all our Anti-GAPDH Loading Control Monoclonal Antibody will perform as described on this product webpage, if this is not the case we will provide you with a one-time replacement at no extra cost. Documentation and explanation of experiment conducted will be required when submitting a claim for replacement.|
Print & Download Datasheet
Search CoA here
There are no Documents for this product yet!
|I am working with Dictyostelium discoideum, a cellular slime mould. I was wondering if this antibody could work in dictyostelium?|
If the sample was processed properly, the sample expresses GAPDH, and the GAPDH is highly homologous to the human version, then it is likely this antibody will work on your sample.
- Smith, GS et al. "Nucleus-localized 21.5-kDa myelin basic protein promotes oligodendrocyte proliferation and enhances neurite outgrowth in coculture, unlike the plasma membrane-associated 18.5-kDa isoform" J Neurosci Res. 91 (3):349-362 (2013). DOI: 10.1002/jnr.23166. PubMed: 23184356. Application: Western Blot.
- New, LA et al. " Direct Regulation of Nephrin Tyrosine Phosphorylation by Nck Adaptor Proteins" J Biol Chem 288 (3):1500-1510 (2013). DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M112.439463. Application: Western Blot.
- Evans, RP et al. "The selective Aurora B kinase inhibitor AZD1152 is a potential new treatment for multiple myeloma" Br J Haematol 140 (3):295-302 (2008). PubMed: 18076711. Application: Immunoblot.
- Evans, RP et al. "Aurora A kinase RNAi and small molecule inhibition of Aurora kinases with VE-465 induce apoptotic death in multiple myeloma cells" Leuk Lymphoma 49 (3):559-569 (2008). DOI: 10.1080/10428190701824544. Application: Immunoblot.
- Evans, RP et al. "Expression, adverse prognostic significance and therapeutic small molecule inhibition of Polo-like kinase 1 in multiple myeloma" Leuk Res 35 (12):1637-1640 (2011). DOI: 10.1016/j.leukres.2011.07.016. PubMed: 21816470. Application: Immunoblot.
- Bryand, KF et al. "Identification of a divalent metal cation binding site in herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) ICP8 required for HSV replication" J Virol 86 (12):6825-6834 (2012). DOI: 10.1128/JVI.00374-12. Application: Immunoblot.
- Shintani-ishida, K et al. "MDMA induces cardiac contractile dysfunction through autophagy upregulation and lysosome destabilization in rats" Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1842:691-700 (2014). PubMed: 24491919.
- Cicchetti, F et al. "Mutant huntingtin is present in neuronal grafts in Huntington's disease patients" Ann. Neurol. : (2014). PubMed: 24798518.
- Shintani-ishida, K et al. "MDMA induces cardiac contractile dysfunction through autophagy upregulation and lysosome " Biochim. Biophys. Acta, Mol. Basis. Dis. 5:691-700 (2014). PubMed: 24491919.
- Cicchetti, F et al. "Mutant huntingtin is present in neuronal grafts in huntington disease patients" Ann. Neurol. 1:31-42 (2014). PubMed: 24798518.
- Bessière, L.B. et al. "A Hot-spot of In-frame Duplications Activates the Oncoprotein AKT1 in Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumors" EBioMedicine 5:421-431 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2015.03.002. Application: WB.
- Bastien, B et al. "IL-1 Gene Deletion Protects Oligodendrocytes after Spinal Cord Injury through Upregulation of the Survival Factor Tox3 " J. Neurosci. 30:10715–10730 (2015). DOI: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0498-15.2015. Application: WB Control.
- Clouthier, D.L.C. et al. "Requisite Role for Nck Adaptors in Cardiovascular Development, Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition, and Directed Cell Migration" Molecular and cellular biology 9:1573-1587 (2015). DOI: 10.1128/MCB.00072-15. Application: WB.
- Yoshida, K.Y. et al. "Mitochondrial m-calpain opens the mitochondrial permeability transition pore in ischemia–reperfusion" Int. J. Cardiol. Heart Vessels N/A:26-32 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.06.010.
- Gerwing, M et al. "Cabazitaxel overcomes cisplatin resistance in germ cell tumour cells" Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 9(142):1979-1994 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s00432-016-2204-6. PubMed: 27424191. Application: Western Blot.
- Knipe, D et al. "Foreign DNA Surveillance Protein" http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2016/0076041.html : (0). DOI: 14/888853. Application: Western Blot.
- Chahi, A et al. "Nephrin Suppresses Hippo Signaling through the Adaptor Proteins Nck and WTIP" The Journal of Biological Chemistry (291):12799-12808 (2016). DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M116.724245. PubMed: 27033705. Application: Western Blot.
- Kimbara, Y., Shimada, Y., Kuboyama, T., & Tohda, C. "Cistanche tubulosa (Schenk) Wight Extract Enhances Hindlimb Performance and Attenuates Myosin Heavy Chain IId/IIx Expression in Cast-Immobilized Mice" Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2019:1–10 (2019). DOI: 10.1155/2019/9283171.
- Knipe, D. M., & Orzalli, M. H. " U" S. Patent No. 10 294:480. Washington (2019).
- Mirzoev, T. M., Tyganov, S. A., & Shenkman, B. S. "The Role of Stretch-Activated Channels in Mediating mTORC1 Signaling in Isolated Rat Soleus Muscle in Response to Mechanical Stimulation after Functional Unloading" Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology 49(6):759–764 (2019). DOI: 10.1007/s11055-019-00798-w.
- Segal, I., Nachmias, D., Arbely, E., & Elia, N. "A straightforward approach for bioorthogonal labeling of proteins and organelles in live mammalian cells, using a short peptide tag" : (2019). DOI: 10.1101/708545.
- Tyganov, S. A., Mochalova, E. P., Belova, S. P., Sharlo, K. A., Rozhkov, S. V., Vilchinskaya, N. A., … Shenkman, B. S. "Effects of Plantar Mechanical Stimulation on Anabolic and Catabolic Signaling in Rat Postural Muscle Under Short-Term Simulated Gravitational Unloading" Frontiers in Physiology 10: (2019). DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2019.01252.
- Tyganov, S., Mirzoev, T., & Shenkman, B. "An Anabolic Signaling Response of Rat Soleus Muscle to Eccentric Contractions Following Hindlimb Unloading: A Potential Role of Stretch-Activated Ion Channels" International journal of molecular sciences 20(5):1165 (2019).
- Zhang., Juan., . "Dexmedetomidine-Induced Cardioprotection Is Mediated by Inhibition of High Mobility Group Box-1 and the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway in Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury" 14(7) : (2019). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0218726..
This product has no review yet.
Browse Other Antibodies:
Select Rasied In:
Armenian hamster (0)
Golden Syrian Hamster (0)
Guinea pig (0)
Bombyx mori (0)
C. elegans (0)
E. coli (0)
Fusarium sepsis (0)
Locusta migratoria (0)
Species independent (0)
Spodoptera frugiperda (0)