Anti-GAPDH Loading Control Monoclonal Antibody
|Description||This gene encodes a member of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase protein family. The encoded protein has been identified as a moonlighting protein based on its ability to perform mechanistically distinct functions. The product of this gene catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The encoded protein has additionally been identified to have uracil DNA glycosylase activity in the nucleus. Studies of a similar protein in mouse have assigned a variety of additional functions including nitrosylation of nuclear proteins, the regulation of mRNA stability, and acting as a transferrin receptor on the cell surface of macrophage. Many pseudogenes similar to this locus are present in the human genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2014]|
|Unit quantity||100 μg|
|Applications||It is very useful as a loading control for quantitative western blotting. The antibody recognizes a 37kDa band in a Western Blot analysis.|
|Recommended Dilutions||It is very useful as a loading control for quantitative western blotting. The antibody recognizes a 37kDa band in a Western Blot analysis.|
|Storage Condition||This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use. For extended storage, aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Expiration date is one (1) year from date of receipt.|
|Storage Buffer||PBS, pH 7.4 with 0.05% sodium azide.|
|Guarantee||abm guarantees that all our Anti-GAPDH Loading Control Monoclonal Antibody will perform as described on this product webpage, if this is not the case we will provide you with a one-time replacement at no extra cost. Documentation and explanation of experiment conducted will be required when submitting a claim for replacement.|
|I am working with Dictyostelium discoideum, a cellular slime mould. I was wondering if this antibody could work in dictyostelium?|
If the sample was processed properly, the sample expresses GAPDH, and the GAPDH is highly homologous to the human version, then it is likely this antibody will work on your sample.
- Smith, GS et al. "Nucleus-localized 21.5-kDa myelin basic protein promotes oligodendrocyte proliferation and enhances neurite outgrowth in coculture, unlike the plasma membrane-associated 18.5-kDa isoform" J Neurosci Res. 91 (3):349-362 (2013). DOI: 10.1002/jnr.23166. PubMed: 23184356. Application: Western Blot.
- New, LA et al. " Direct Regulation of Nephrin Tyrosine Phosphorylation by Nck Adaptor Proteins" J Biol Chem 288 (3):1500-1510 (2013). DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M112.439463. Application: Western Blot.
- Evans, RP et al. "The selective Aurora B kinase inhibitor AZD1152 is a potential new treatment for multiple myeloma" Br J Haematol 140 (3):295-302 (2008). PubMed: 18076711. Application: Immunoblot.
- Evans, RP et al. "Aurora A kinase RNAi and small molecule inhibition of Aurora kinases with VE-465 induce apoptotic death in multiple myeloma cells" Leuk Lymphoma 49 (3):559-569 (2008). DOI: 10.1080/10428190701824544. Application: Immunoblot.
- Evans, RP et al. "Expression, adverse prognostic significance and therapeutic small molecule inhibition of Polo-like kinase 1 in multiple myeloma" Leuk Res 35 (12):1637-1640 (2011). DOI: 10.1016/j.leukres.2011.07.016. PubMed: 21816470. Application: Immunoblot.
- Bryand, KF et al. "Identification of a divalent metal cation binding site in herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) ICP8 required for HSV replication" J Virol 86 (12):6825-6834 (2012). DOI: 10.1128/JVI.00374-12. Application: Immunoblot.
- Shintani-ishida, K et al. "MDMA induces cardiac contractile dysfunction through autophagy upregulation and lysosome destabilization in rats" Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1842:691-700 (2014). PubMed: 24491919.
- Cicchetti, F et al. "Mutant huntingtin is present in neuronal grafts in Huntington's disease patients" Ann. Neurol. : (2014). PubMed: 24798518.
- Shintani-ishida, K et al. "MDMA induces cardiac contractile dysfunction through autophagy upregulation and lysosome " Biochim. Biophys. Acta, Mol. Basis. Dis. 5:691-700 (2014). PubMed: 24491919.
- Cicchetti, F et al. "Mutant huntingtin is present in neuronal grafts in huntington disease patients" Ann. Neurol. 1:31-42 (2014). PubMed: 24798518.
- Bessière, L.B. et al. "A Hot-spot of In-frame Duplications Activates the Oncoprotein AKT1 in Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumors" EBioMedicine 5:421-431 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2015.03.002. Application: WB.
- Bastien, B et al. "IL-1 Gene Deletion Protects Oligodendrocytes after Spinal Cord Injury through Upregulation of the Survival Factor Tox3 " J. Neurosci. 30:10715–10730 (2015). DOI: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0498-15.2015. Application: WB Control.
- Clouthier, D.L.C. et al. "Requisite Role for Nck Adaptors in Cardiovascular Development, Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition, and Directed Cell Migration" Molecular and cellular biology 9:1573-1587 (2015). DOI: 10.1128/MCB.00072-15. Application: WB.
- Yoshida, K.Y. et al. "Mitochondrial m-calpain opens the mitochondrial permeability transition pore in ischemia–reperfusion" Int. J. Cardiol. Heart Vessels N/A:26-32 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.06.010.
- Gerwing, M et al. "Cabazitaxel overcomes cisplatin resistance in germ cell tumour cells" Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 9(142):1979-1994 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s00432-016-2204-6. PubMed: 27424191. Application: Western Blot.
- Knipe, D et al. "Foreign DNA Surveillance Protein" http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2016/0076041.html : (0). DOI: 14/888853. Application: Western Blot.
- Chahi, A et al. "Nephrin Suppresses Hippo Signaling through the Adaptor Proteins Nck and WTIP" The Journal of Biological Chemistry (291):12799-12808 (2016). DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M116.724245. PubMed: 27033705. Application: Western Blot.
- Kimbara, Y., Shimada, Y., Kuboyama, T., & Tohda, C. "Cistanche tubulosa (Schenk) Wight Extract Enhances Hindlimb Performance and Attenuates Myosin Heavy Chain IId/IIx Expression in Cast-Immobilized Mice" Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2019:1–10 (2019). DOI: 10.1155/2019/9283171.
- Knipe, D. M., & Orzalli, M. H. " U" S. Patent No. 10 294:480. Washington (2019).
- Mirzoev, T. M., Tyganov, S. A., & Shenkman, B. S. "The Role of Stretch-Activated Channels in Mediating mTORC1 Signaling in Isolated Rat Soleus Muscle in Response to Mechanical Stimulation after Functional Unloading" Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology 49(6):759–764 (2019). DOI: 10.1007/s11055-019-00798-w.
- Segal, I., Nachmias, D., Arbely, E., & Elia, N. "A straightforward approach for bioorthogonal labeling of proteins and organelles in live mammalian cells, using a short peptide tag" : (2019). DOI: 10.1101/708545.
- Tyganov, S. A., Mochalova, E. P., Belova, S. P., Sharlo, K. A., Rozhkov, S. V., Vilchinskaya, N. A., … Shenkman, B. S. "Effects of Plantar Mechanical Stimulation on Anabolic and Catabolic Signaling in Rat Postural Muscle Under Short-Term Simulated Gravitational Unloading" Frontiers in Physiology 10: (2019). DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2019.01252.
- Tyganov, S., Mirzoev, T., & Shenkman, B. "An Anabolic Signaling Response of Rat Soleus Muscle to Eccentric Contractions Following Hindlimb Unloading: A Potential Role of Stretch-Activated Ion Channels" International journal of molecular sciences 20(5):1165 (2019).
- Zhang., Juan., . "Dexmedetomidine-Induced Cardioprotection Is Mediated by Inhibition of High Mobility Group Box-1 and the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway in Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury" 14(7) : (2019). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0218726..