hsa-let-7a-5p miRNA Mimic
|MCH01003||2 x 2.5 nmol|
|Description||microRNA Mimics are chemically synthesized, double-stranded miRNA-like RNA which are designed to copy the functionality of mature endogenous miRNA upon transfection. At the 5'-end, it is synthesized with a partially complementary motif to 3'UTR end of the target gene, which allows the miRNA mimic to specifically bind to the target. Transfection of mimics followed by downstream gene expression analysis or phenotypic analysis, is performed to elucidate the targets and roles of particular miRNAs. miRNA Mimic Negative Control can be purchased separately (Cat. No. MCH000000).|
|Species||Human (H. sapiens)|
|Unit quantity||2 x 2.5 nmol|
|Reconstitution||We recommend re-suspending the lyophilized synthetic miRNA using DNase and RNase-free ddH2O. To make a 100 μM stock, dissolve the lyophilized powder using 50 μl of ddH2O.|
|Note||This synthetic miRNA is based on the mature miRNA sequence. It does not contain the full precursor miRNA stem-loop.|
- miRNA(microRNA) Expression and Detection
- Control Vectors and Viruses (Blank, GFP, Scrambled, and more)
|Are the inserts in our vector in a pri-miRNA format or a mature miRNA format?|
Majority of our inserts are in the pri-miRNA format (about 500-600bp in size). If the miRNA is found in a cluster, the insert will then be the mature miRNA format (about 150bp in size) to ensure that the construct is only expressing one miRNA. If the R in mir is big (miR) and the accession# is MIMA#########, then it’s typically the Mature format. If the r in mir is small (mir) and the accession# is MI#########, then it’s typically the pre-miRNA format. This information can also be found on the "insert type" section of this product webpage.
|It is mentioned that the regular (untouched) 293T cells are to be maintained in 500ug/ml of geneticin (G418). Is this correct? If yes, please explain.|
Yes, 293T cells are resistance to Geneticin(G418), as the drug was originally used to select cells expressing the SV40 large T antigen. Just like any other stable cell line generated, the cells should be kept at lower concentration of the selection drug to keep the selection pressure. Please note, that in this case since these wildtype cells are stably transfected with puromycin resistance gene, just adding puromycin may be sufficient to keep the selection pressure for the gene of interest.
|Why are miRNA mimics on your site offered at 2 x 2.5nmol, but miRNA inhibitors at 2 x 5.0nmol?|
This is because our mimics now are double-stranded while the inhibitors are single-stranded. The amount of materials are quantified in OD and both mimics/inhibitors are synthesized to yield the same OD. Therefore, the number of moles of mimics is half of that of the inhibitors.
- Wen, Z et al. "MicroRNA-377 Regulates Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Induced Angiogenesis in Ischemic Hearts by Targeting VEGF " Plos One 9 (9):e104666 (2014). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0104666. PubMed: 25251394. Application: miRNA expression and inhibition.
- Liang, Y., Song, X., Li, Y., Su, P., Han, D., Ma, T., … Yang, Q. "circKDM4C suppresses tumor progression and attenuates doxorubicin resistance by regulating miR-548p/PBLD axis in breast cancer" Oncogene 38(42):6850–6866 (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41388-019-0926-z.
- Verma, M., Asakura, Y., & Asakura, A. "Inhibition of microRNA‐92a increases blood vessels and satellite cells in skeletal muscle but does not improve duchenne muscular dystrophy–related phenotype in mdx mice" Muscle & Nerve 59(5):594–602 (2019). DOI: 10.1002/mus.26433.
- Wu., Chien-Wei., . "Downregulation of MiR-144 by Triptolide Enhanced p85α−PTEN Complex Formation Causing S Phase Arrest of Human Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cells" European Journal of Pharmacology 855:137-148 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2019.04.052..
- Wu, M.-J., Chen, Y.-S., Kim, M. R., Chang, C.-C., Gampala, S., Zhang, Y., … Chang, C.-J. "Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Directs Stem Cell Polarity via Regulation of Mitofusin" Cell Metabolism 29(4):993–1002.e6 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.cmet.2018.11.004.
- Xiang, X., Zhou, Y., Sun, H., Tan, S., Lu, Z., Huang, L., & Wang, W. "Ivabradine abrogates TNF-α-induced degradation of articular cartilage matrix" International Immunopharmacology 66:347–353 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.intimp.2018.11.035.
- Zhang, Y., Zhou, J., Li, M. . "MicroRNA-184 promotes apoptosis of trophoblast cells via targeting WIG1 and induces early spontaneous abortion" Cell Death Dis 10 223: (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41419-019-1443-2.
- Zhou, Y., Lei, J., Xie, Q., Wu, L., Jin, S., Guo, B., ... & Zhang, J. "Fibrinogen-like protein 2 controls sepsis catabasis by interacting with resolvin Dp5" Science Advances 5(11):eaax0629 (2019).
- Zhu, R., Xue, X., Shen, M., Tsai, Y., Keng, P. C., Chen, Y., … Chen, Y. "NFκB and TNFα as individual key molecules associated with the cisplatin-resistance and radioresistance of lung cancer" Experimental Cell Research 374(1):181–188 (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2018.11.022.