Applied Biological Materials Inc. is a Vancouver-based biotech company that develop and market research reagents to the life science community and biotech industry. Due to our continual growth, an account manager position is available. We are looking for a recent post-secondary graduate who is interested in dealing within the biotech industry.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Communicate effectively with individuals/teams within the company to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests.
• Help customers understand the applications of our products.
• Assist customers with solving their technical issues.
• Participate in activities and contribute ideas designed to improve customer satisfaction.
• Design custom services or identify the products that meet the customers' needs through discussions with the customer.
• Collaborate with internal teams on complex problems.
• Design solutions to problems that may be non-standard/unstructured and may require conceptual/creative thinking.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a relevant Life Science degree.
• Working genetic engineering experience in a non-educational environment is highly valued.
• Customer support skills is definitely an asset
• Very strong analytical approach to troubleshooting
• Excellent communication skills
• Job Training in areas related to life science and strong computer skills are a significant plus.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as "Account Manager Application". Applied Biological Materials would like to thank all interested applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Headquartered in Richmond, BC, Canada, Applied Biological Materials, Inc. is a leading developer and service provider of next generation life science tools. ABM’s expanding portfolio of nextgeneration sequencing NGS and library construction technologies is revolutionizing genomics research. Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.
The NGS Technical Sales Specialist will be responsible for driving increased NGS sales, largely by reducing customer inquiry response times and focusing on full “sample to answer” solutions. The Specialist will also help to promote and educate our customers about our sequencing services and pull through and build a community of satisfied customers. Both pre- and post-sales activities will be carried out to increase awareness of the solutions provided by ABM in this area and familiarize customers with associated applications and workflows. You will focus on providing a full sample to answer solution for new and existing customers and deliver technical expertise during the sales process including consultation on applications, experimental design and data analysis / interpretation, as well as preparing project quotations and order support. Working closely with existing account managers and lab specialists, you will provide comprehensive project support and drive sample prep and sequencing sales. A preferred educational background of a MSc/PhD in the life sciences will be complemented by 2-5 years’ experience in a biotech field, ideally including filed experience in supporting customers in a highly technical field. The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise in Next Generation Sequencing and sample preparation for NGS workflows, and have strong oral presentation and communication skills. The candidate must display great passion for the NGS field and be able to prepare informative and enticing presentations on ABM`s NGS services. Applied Biological Materials, Inc. has experienced phenomenal growth, ranking #36 in the Business Vancouver’s list of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies from 2009-2013 and ranking #7 in the technology sector alone.
How To Apply:
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer remuneration based on experience with significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and yet rewarding position, please submit your resume and cover letter to our human resources department via email (email@example.com), please draft your email with subject “apply for NGS technical sale specialist”.