Custom Recombinant Adenovirus Service
abm offers a Custom Adenovirus Service where we can gene synthesize, clone and viral package your custom adenovirus construct for you. We offer a standard titer of 10^6 pfu/ml in addition to higher titers of 10^10 pfu/ml and 10^12 pfu/ml. Inquire with us below about your custom project and we'll take care of the rest!
Advantages of the Adenovirus System:
- High transduction efficiency in most mammalian cells
- Low immunogenicity for high post-infection cell viability
- Non-integrating and no risk of disrupting host genes
- Broad host range (dividing, non-dividing, stem cells, and primary cells)
- High titers can be obtained
- Large insert capacity (up to 6 kb)
- A popular choice in vivo and in vitro applications
- Biosafety: abm use replication-incompetent (-E1/-E3) human adenovirus type 5 (Ad5).
"We are very happy with the product and the turn around time."Dr. Alexandra Duverger, University of Alabama at Birmingham
|Service Name||Size||Titer||CAT. NO.||PRICE|
|cDNA Adenovirus Production||1 ml||106 pfu/ml||C001||$975.00|
|siRNA/RNAi Adenovirus Production||1 ml||106 pfu/ml||C002||$975.00|
|Service Name||Size||Titer||CAT. NO.||PRICE|
|Recombinant Adenovirus Amplification||2 x 1 ml||1010 pfu/ml||C071||$445.00|
|Recombinant Adenovirus Amplification||5 x 200 µl||1012 pfu/ml||C005||$1875.00|
|TCID50 Assay using 293 cells||1 service||C008||$525.00|
- Any additional assays required (such as those listed above) can be provided on request, at an additional cost. The viral titer will be calculated by end-point dilution assay by default. abm cannot guarantee resolution of titer discrepancies involving any other quantification methods.
- For customer supplied vectors or seed stock, the customer must indicate prior to the service if any reporter expression will be expected or not. The expected reporter expression, e.g. GFP, should not require induction of expression. Due to differences in excitation/emission wavelengths for different fluorophores, we may not be able to provide infection images for fluorescent reporter expression other than standard GFP/RFP/mCherry.
- abm’s adenoviruses are replication-incompetent (-E1/-E3) and based on human adenovirus type 5 (Ad5).
|We are interested in expressing a large gene (~9000 bp). Can this gene be expressed using adenovirus and can your company clone the DNA and make the recombinant virus?|
Adenoviral cloning and packaging will be challenging for genes over 8.0 kb, but we will give it a try and you don't have to pay if the project fails. However, you do need to subclone into our pShuttle vector first; alternatively, we will do it for an extra charge.
|How much DNA should I provide for the custom adenovirus production service, Cat. No. C001?|
We will need the pShuttle / plasmid DNA concentration somewhere between 0.15 μg/ul - 0.5 μg/ul and the final amount of DNA to be at least 8 μg.
|Does your amplification service include any additional titer verification, such as TCID50 Assay?|
The viral titer will be calculated by end-point dilution assay. TCID50 assays can be provided upon request, at an additional cost.
|Can I provide crude 293 lysate of adenovirus stock to be amplified and purified?|
Yes, we will require 5 ml of crude 293 lysate to perform the amplification service.
|How much adenovirus stock do I need to ship for the amplification service?|
Please supply a minimum of 200μl if your adenovirus is 10^6 pfu/ml to allow enough for further amplification. If you are able to supply more, we can offer a quicker turnaround time for your project. Please ship the adenovirus stock on dry ice.
|Do you sell the adenoviral vectors that you have used to make any of your prepackaged adenovirus?|
Our adenoviral vectors are currently only available as packaged viral particles. We do offer custom cloning services if further modifications are desirable.
|What will be the final composition of your high titer, nonpurified adenovirus?|
Our high titer adenoviruses are re-suspended in 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.0) with 5% glycerol
|01||Sasaki, Y et al. "NOX4 Regulates CCR2 and CCL2 mRNA Stability in Alcoholic Liver Disease." Scientific Reports :1-9 (2017). DOI: 10.1038/srep46144 PubMed: PMC5382722 Application: RNA-Seq.|
|02||McAllister, JM et al. "Overexpression of a DENND1A isoform produces a polycystic ovary syndrome theca phenotype." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111(15):1519-27 (2014). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1400574111 PubMed: 24706793 Application: Transduction|
|03||Zhang, L et al. "Pivotal Role of MUC1 Glycosylation by Cigarette Smoke in Modulating Disruption of Airway Adherens Junctions In Vitro.." J Pathol : (2014). DOI: 10.1002/path.4375 PubMed: 24838315 Application: Knock down|