Stable Cell Line Generation
Stable Cell Line Generation Service
Order by Contact
Disclaimer & MTA ▼
Orders of this service are subject to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The end user acknowledges that the Materials provided under abm’s Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) does not grant a license for commercial use or imply any ownership rights of any intellectual property rights relating to the Materials.
- DNA construct cloning service available upon request.
|Our Basic Package (C056) Includes
- Lentivirus packaging
- Clone screening by antibiotic selection
- Clone selection by gene expression evaluation
- Clonal expansion and cryopreservation
- Up to 1 clone, 2 vials/clone
- Service Report includes:
- Morphology Assessment
- qPCR Analysis on the Transgene expression
- Test results for the presence/absence of microbial contaminants, including bacterial and fungal testing.
- GFP/RFP/Luciferase test if reporter is present
- Lentiviral vector generation service available upon request.
# Service only applicable if gene of interest has an HA tag. ABM will provide HA tag antibody.
|Gene Expression Assay Service
|Additional Vials of Delivered Clones
|HA Tag Validation (Up to 10 Clones)#
|Other Validation Service by Western Blot (Up to 10 Clones)##
|STR profiling of 1 WT Parental Cell line & 1 Stable Cell Line Clone
|Contaminant Detection - Mycoplasma Spp.*
(Free if ordered with the basic package)
## Please provide validated antibody and positive control
* Cells provided by customers must be mycoplasma-negative at the time of submission
*** A deposit and MTA is required to initiate all Stable Cell Line projects
How to Order ▼
- To obtain a quote, please fill out the service questionnaire and submit to email@example.com.
- Place an order and specify the quote number during order placement. Note that samples received without an order confirmation number indicated will be disposed immediately upon receipt to ensure that all customer information is held in strict confidence.
- Once you have received an order confirmation number, please set up shipment and submit:
- Cells: At least 2x106 cells/cell line along with passage number and karyotype. You may also select any of the cell lines in our catalog.
- Cell Culture Protocol: Please submit all details of your cell culture protocol as we will follow the culturing protocol exactly.
- Antibiotic Resistance Markers: Does your cell line contain an antibiotic resistance marker? If so, please specify. Our vectors have puromycin resistance by default.
- Media: All necessary media components, including any applicable FBS, growth factors and/or supplements required for culturing (abm can only provide DMEM and RPMI if needed). Please submit all components of the complete media individually to eliminate potential degradation of components in the media during transit. Kindly include instructions for making the complete media in your shipment. Volume requirement: 1 L of complete media.
- Flasks: At least 5 x coated 6-well plates and 10 x T25 flasks if the cells require specially treated culture vessels.
- Gene of interest: Please provide the name and accession number of the gene you wish to express. If you are providing the insert yourself, please also provide the vector map and sequence of the plasmid you will be providing your insert in.
- Verification: We will be confirming stable expression of your gene using RT-PCR. If you would like a different form of verification to be used, please specify prior to order placement.
- Morphology of cells: Please supply a picture of your cells growing in culture to depict 'original' cell morphology when setting up shipment. This is to help us assess the cells we receive are in good condition before generating the stable cell line
- abm will generate the desired stable cell line and perform QC.
provides a high quality and a cost-effective service for creating a cell line expressing your gene of interest within a fast turnaround time. Alongside our extensive collection of gene expression vectors, our expertise in cell culture allows us to support and simplify your research projects according to your specific needs.
Our established and streamlined process offers you DNA construct cloning, lentiviral vector generation, lentivirus packaging and clone selection along with gene expression evaluation QC via RT-PCR.
- Zhang, J et al. "The construction and proliferative effects of a lentiviral vector capable of stably overexpressing SPINK1 gene in human pancreatic cancer AsPC-1 cell line." Tumour Biol 37(5):5847-55 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s13277-015-4405-z. PubMed: 26586397.
What should customers provide for this service?
Please supply the cells for this service. For frozen cells, please ship at least 2 vials (at least 10^6 each) on dry ice. An alternative method is to send us two T25 flask of live cells per sample, at 90% confluency. The flasks should be filled with complete medium without any air bubbles and at room temperature. Please ensure that the sterilization procedure is strictly observed. To avoid delays over the weekend, we recommend shipping the cells on a Monday or a Tuesday. Frozen cells are preferred over live cells.
If your cell line already contains an antibiotic resistance marker, please specify. Our vectors have puromycin resistance by default.
If your cells require medium other than DMEM and RPMI, we will also require 1L of the specified medium and any applicable growth factors or supplements to be provided by you for the project. Please submit all components of the complete media (e.g. if growth factors, cytokines etc. are applicable) individually to eliminate potential degradation of components in the media during transit. Kindly include instructions for making the complete media in your shipment. Additionally, please provide at least 5 x coated 6-well plates and 10 x T25 flasks if the cells require specially treated culture vessels. Once you have shipped your cells, please forward us the tracking number for custom clearance. Information on how to ship cell samples to abm can be found on our support page: https://www.abmgood.com/Technical-Support.html
Please place an order first prior to submitting your samples. All samples received must have the order confirmation number indicated. Any samples received without this piece of information will be disposed off immediately upon receipt to ensure that all customer information is held in strict confidence.