Cell Immortalization Service
With over 10 years of experience in immortalizing cell lines, our scientists at abm have successfully immortalized nearly every human, mouse and rat cell type.
Our risk-free service offers the quickest and most reliable tool for your project, saving you the time and money that would be spent optimizing a protocol on your own. If we cannot immortalize your primary cells, there is no charge. *
- We offer the largest selection of immortalization reagents to choose from. If you’re not sure what might be right for your project, let our team of experts select the right reagents for your project. Simply send us your primary cells and we will take care of the rest!
- Our outstanding QC includes confirming that the immortalized cells can be passaged for at least 30 passages.
- Have other species of interest? We have worked with bovine, chicken, spider, koala, and many other species!
Ready to start your own immortalization project? Contact one of our support specialists and find out how you can qualify for a special credit on your order!
"abm has always been very helpful with technical assistance in any of our questions and concerns. I also consider the price for the services provided as very competitive, as other companies charge a multiple of abm's price."Dr. Cameron Moshfegh, ETH Zurich
|Our Basic Package (C195) Includes||Deliverables||Lead Time|
||As little as 8-12 weeks|
|Service Name||Size||CAT. NO.||PRICE|
|Gene Expression Assay Service^||1 Marker||C138||$135.00|
|Additional Vials of Delivered Cells^^||1 Vial||C144||$300.00|
|Cell Line Authentication:
STR Profiling of 1 Primary Cell Sample & 1 Immortalized Cell Line Clone^^^
^^Additional media or supplements may be required. For for-profit organizations and corporations, the price is 1.5 times the list price.
^^^A minimum of 2 samples must be ordered for this add-on service.
* Cells provided by customer must be mycoplasma-negative at the time of submission.
** A deposit and MTA is required to initiate all Cell Immortalization projects
How to Order
Follow these steps to order an immortalization service:
- To obtain a quote, please fill out the service questionnaire and submit to [email protected].
- Place an order and specify the quote number during order placement.
Note that samples that are received without an order confirmation number indicated will be disposed of immediately upon receipt to ensure that all customer information is held in strict confidence.
- Once you have received an order confirmation number, please set up shipment and submit:
- Cells: At least 2x106 cells/cell line along with passage number. You may also select any of the primary cells in our catalog.
- Complete Cell Culture Protocol
- What Antibiotic Resistance Markers Do Your Cells Have? Our vectors have puromycin resistance by default.
- Media: All necessary media components, including any applicable FBS, growth factors, etc. required for culturing (abm will only provide DMEM and RPMI). Please submit all components of the complete media individually. Also include instructions for making the complete media. Volume requirement: ≥1 L of complete media.
- Flasks: ≥5x coated 6-well plates & 10x T25 flasks if the cells require specially-treated vessels.
- Morphology of Cells: Please supply an image of the cells growing in culture to depict 'original' cell morphology prior to shipment.
- abm will confirm cell morphology, immortalize your cells, and perform QC.
Disclaimer & MTA
*A non-refundable deposit is required to initiate the service.
|How do I send my cells and place an order? and What will I be receiving?|
For frozen cells, you must ship in ample dry ice and each vial must contain 2 million cells. Another method is to send us live cells. If the cells are fast growing, we recommend sending three T25 flasks at 70% density. If the cells are slow growing, we recommend sending two T25 flasks at 90% density. The flask should be filled with complete medium without any air bubble and at room temperature. The flask can be filled with medium using a 50ml culture tube. Make sure that sterilization procedure is strictly observed. For North American customers, the cells should be sent on Monday. For non-North American customers, the cells should be sent on Friday or Monday to avoid transit delay over the weekend. Please note that the cells are immortalized in the condition that they were received and we cannot be liable for any changes during transit. We ask that customers supply a picture of your primary cells growing in culture to depict 'original' cell morphology when setting up shipment. This is to help us assess the cells we receive are in good condition before we start the immortalization project.
If your cells require medium other than DMEM and RPMI, we will also require 1L of the specified medium and any applicable growth factors or supplements to be provided by you for the project. Please submit all components of the complete media (e.g. if growth factors, cytokines etc. are applicable) individually to eliminate potential degradation of components in the media during transit. Kindly include instructions for making the complete media in your shipment. Additionally, please provide at least 5 x coated 6-well plates and 10 x T25 flasks if the cells require specially treated culture vessels. Once you have shipped your cells, please forward us the tracking number for custom clearance. Information on how to ship cell samples to abm can be found on our support page: https://www.abmgood.com/Technical-Support.html
Once we receive the cells, we will performed custom cell immortalization in 6-well plates with various cell immortalization reagents, such as but not limited to, SV40 T antigen, hTERT, Myc, E6/E7.
We will make sure the cells are immortalized and have the ability to grow forever. The final product to be shipped to you will be up to two vials of cells that have been successfully immortalized.
|Can I purchase immortalized human neurons? I don't have primary neurons, but rather you can provide both the primary cell and the immortalization service?|
Yes, we will be able to try to immortalize those cells for you. Please let us know your specific requirement and we will send you an official quotation.
|How many cells do I need to send in order to immortalize one cell line?|
For frozen cells, you must ship in ample dry ice and each vial must contain 2 million cells. Another method is to send us live cells. If the cells are fast growing, we recommend sending three T25 flasks at 70% density. If the cells are slow growing, we recommend sending two T25 flasks at 90% density.
|What should I do if my cells do not grow using standard media?|
If your cells do not grow using DMEM or RPMI, then we need at least 1L of your growth media plus additional amounts of associated growth factors.
|What kinds of methods are you going to take to demonstrate the lentivirus-infected cells are immortalized and whether the cells characteristics are changed after immortalization?|
Usually if the cells show positive transgene expression in qPCR and are passaging well in comparison to the primary cells, that is a confirmation of immortalization. In one of the rare events, if the trangene expression is lost over some late passages, we may need to re-immortalize.
Where applicable, the cells will be selected by antibiotics then subsequently passaged 30+ beyond the normal stage of senescence to confirm immortalization. We closely monitor typical cell behavior including growth rate and morphology; however, all downstream characterization must be determined by the end user. We do not conduct gene expression assays as part of this service. Please note there may be sometimes changes in any markers or morphology due to immortalization and we do not claim that all or any specific markers be retained after immortalization.
|Does the service perform western blot analysis or qPCR analysis in order to confirm the cells were successfully immortalized?|
qPCR analysis is performed on the transgene expression
|Please let us know details of the deliverables from this service.|
Assuming at least 2 million cells are provided, the final deliverables will be up to 2 clones from a single reagent.
QC data provided in a final custom service report will include:
- Morphology Assessment
- qPCR Analysis on the transgene expression
- qPCR Analysis on the transgene expression