Stable Human Hepatic Stellate Expressing DDX5-WT Cell Line
|T6001||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||Stable Human Hepatic Stellate Expressing DDX5-WT Cell Line is derived from the spontaneously-immortalized human stellate cell line (LX-2) in which was infected with the non-replicating lentivirus carrying the FLAG-tagged DDX5 WT vector. The cells were selected for via 500 μg/ml Zeocin. |
DDX5 is defined as a risk allele for fibrosis and is a TP-dependent RNA helicase and functions as a transcriptional modulator. To assess functions in mutations in this gene, abm offers the Stable Human Hepatic Stellate Expressing DDX5-S480A Cell Line (T6002), which confers a single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that encodes an amino acid change from serine to alanine in exon XIII (S480A). The Stable Human Hepatic Stellate Expressing DDX5-WT Cell Line is the wild type cell line that can be used to compare results from the effects of the SNP. These cell lines are a valuable tool to assess the effects of SNPs in the DDX5 gene associating with liver fibrosis.
|Species||Human (H. sapiens)|
|Species description||Homo sapiens|
|Seeding Density||Thaw entire contents into an appropriate T25 flask as specified in the Propagation instructions.|
|Applications||For Research Use Only|
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
|Expression Profile||collagen type I and α-SMA|
Use of PriCoatTMT25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells inECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to final concentration of 10%, 500 μg/ml Zeocin, and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.
|Preservation Protocol||1. Freeze Medium: Complete growth medium with 20% FBS and 10% DMSO.|
2. Storage Temperature: Liquid nitrogen vapour phase.
|QC||1) Selection with 500 µg/ml Zeocin, 2) DAPI stain used to identify DDX5 expression. 3) Western blot preformed to identify presence of DDX5-WT, collagen type I, and α-SMA expression|
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Depositor||ICAHN School of Medicine at Mount Sinai|
- Xu, L et al. "Human hepatic stellate cell lines, LX-1 and LX-2: new tools for analysis of hepatic fibrosis" Gut 54(1):142–151 (2005). DOI: 10.1136/gut.2004.042127.