BMP Responsive Immortalized Reporter (BRITER) Cell Line
|T3105||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) are useful as therapeutic agents to promote the regeneration of bone at the site of trauma following bone fracture, spinal injury or surgery but are limited due to systemic-wide side effects, the necessity of specialized delivery systems, and the short half lives of the compounds in vivo. |
The BMP Responsive Immortalized Reporter (BRITER) Cell Line was generated in order to conduct high-thoroughput chemical and molecular genetic screening to identify a novel small molecule alternative activator of BMP signaling. The cells are immortalized tamoxifen inducible Bmp2; Bmp4 double conditional knockout murine calvarial osteoblast cells expressing a BMP Response Element(BRE)-dependent Firefly Luciferase (FFLuc) gene and an SV40 promoter/enhancer-dependent Renilla Luciferase (RRLuc) gene. FFLuc activity increases in response to BMP signaling activity while the RRLuc gene acts as an internal control to limit the number of false-positives resulting from non-specific activation of cellular processes, such as cell proliferation. In addition the sensitivity to exogenous BMP signaling can be intensified through the addition of 4-hydroxytamoxifen, which reduces the level of endogenous BMP signaling through the knockout of the Bmp2 and Bmp4 genes resulting in a specific and highly efficient reporter of BRE activation.
|Species||Mouse (M. musculus)|
|Species description||Bmp2c/c;Bmp4c/c; R26CreER Neonatal Mouse|
|Seeding Density||10,000 cells/cm2|
|Population Doubling Time||20 - 30 hours|
|Applications||For Research Use Only|
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
|Expression Profile||Osterix, CollA1, BSP, Runx, Osteocalcin, Alkaline phosphatase|
Use of PriCoatTMT25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells inECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to a final concentration of 10% and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Depositor||Biotech Consortium India Limited|
- Yadav, PS et al. "BRITER: A BMP Responsive Osteoblast Reporter Cell Line" PLoS One 7(5):e37134 (2012). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0037134.