Cas9 Expressing HepG2 Cell Line
|T3256||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
HepG2 stably expressing Cas9
|Cas9 Expression||Stably Integrated Cas9|
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
Use of PriCoatTM T25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells in ECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999)* to a final concentration of 10% and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. May be grown in the presence of 1 µg/ml puromycin, but it is not required for optimal cell growth.
Change media every 2-3 days.
Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.
* Do not use heat-inactivated FBS for cell culture unless specified otherwise.
|Seeding Density||25,000 - 30,000 cells/cm2|
|Population Doubling Time||18 - 28 hours|
|Freeze-Thaw Recovery||1. Pre-warm complete media in a 37°C waterbath.|
2. Remove the cryopreserved vial from the liquid nitrogen storage tank.
3. Thaw the cells quickly by placing the lower half of the vial into the 37°C water bath and remove after 60 seconds. There should still be a few ice crystals left after thawing. It is important not to over-thaw the cryovials as the presence of DMSO is toxic to the cells.
4. Re-suspend the cells in the vial and transfer the cell suspension into a 15mL sterile conical tube containing 5mL complete media.
5. Centrifuge cells at 1500rpm for 3 minutes to pellet.
6. Aspirate out the media, leaving cell pellet undisturbed.
7. Re-suspend pellet in fresh culture medium and plate in new culture vessel.
8. Incubate cultures at 37°C, 5% CO2.
|Donor Age||15 year old|
|Quality Control||Western blot to show Cas9 transgene expression|
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
- Important Considerations for Cells
- Cell Handling Instructions Upon Arrival
- Subculturing Protocol
- Freezing Protocol
- Thawing Protocol
|What is the PAM sequence required for sgRNA design for use with these cells?|
We use spCas9, therefore the PAM is 5'-NGG-3' for this cell line.
|Is there a selection marker for cas9 expression?|
Yes, Puromycin is selection marker for most of these cell lines. Some cell lines may have additional inherent drug resistance eg. 293T has neomycin resistance. Please refer to the product page for the specific cell line of interest.
|What construct was used to establish this stable cell line?|
Cas9 Nuclease Lentivirus, Cat. No. K003.
There are no references for this product yet!