Luciferase (Luc2) Stable TRAMP Cell Line
|T3008||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
Luciferase is commonly used as a reporter to assess the transcriptional activity of a genetic construct with luciferase gene under the promoter of interest. Luciferase stable TRAMP Cells is a luciferase expressing cell line derived from TRAMP cells. The expression of luciferase has been confirmed with luciferase assay. All clones are puromycin (2.5ug/ml)-resistant. Luciferase stable TRAMP cells can be a very useful cell line for non-invasive visualization in animal models.
|Species||Mouse (M. musculus)|
|Species description||Mus musculus|
|Seeding Density||10,000 - 20,000 cells/cm2|
|Population Doubling Time||38 - 48 hours|
For Research Use Only
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
Use of PriCoatTMT25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells inECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.
The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to a final concentration of 10% and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Reporter Cells|
|I would like to know with luciferase these cells are expression and how this gene was introduced in these cells (plasmid, lentivirus etc..?). Also I would like to know how many photons per second per cell theses cells are expressing? Thank! Alain|
The luciferase gene is introduced into the cells via lentivirus. Specifics on the lentiviral vector is documented in our product page of pLenti-III-fireflyluciferase-RFP lentiviral vector (ABM Cat No. LV010141). Luciferase activity of clones were selected using standard luciferase assay protocol, and the RLU (raw light unit) triplicates of TRAMP-C1 control and TRAMP-C1-Luciferase were 27146.7 and 12904842.7, respectively. In other words, there is greater than 475X increase in the luciferase activity after normalizing the data.
|Which TRAMP cell line does this cell line originate from? TRAMP-C1 or TRAMP-C2?|
The parental cell line for this product is TRAMP-C1 cells.
|Have you test this line for in vivo growth and if so, what are its properties. Will it grow in normal mice (not nude or SCID)?|
The parental cell line for this product is TRAMP-C1 cells, which has been documented to be tumorigenic when grafted into syngeneic C57BL/6 hosts but do not form colonies in soft agar.
|Have had great results with expansion of these cells so far, we would like to do some in vitro assays to confirm bioluminescence in vitro, do you have a protocol for such an assay?|
We currently only provide a Luciferase assay kit that involves a cell lysis step. The user manual for this product can be found using this link: http://www.abmgood.com/StemCell/pdfs/LuciferaseAssayKitv2.pdf
|Is the GFP or RFP signal localized within the cell?|
|What type of GFP or RFP do these cell lines express, and from which promoter?|
The GFP is derived from copGFP (from Pontellina plumata) and the RFP is derived from mKate2 (from Entacmaea quadricolor). They are expressed from a proximal SV40 promoter, and a more distal CMV promoter may also drive expression. If you are looking for a cell line with a specific fluorescent reporter, or with a specific promoter, abm can perform a Stable Cell Line Generation service. Simply ask [email protected] for a quote.
There are no references for this product yet!