Nav2.1/β1/Contactin Stable Chinese Hamster Lung Cell Line
|T3030||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
Voltage-sensitive sodium channels are the membrane proteins responsible for initiation of the action potentials in most excitable cells. These ion channels are heteromultimeric structures that include the pore-forming α subunit in association with axillary β subunits. In the Na 2 channel signaling complex, the glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored protein, contactin (also known as F3, F11), has been shown to play an important role in the regulation of surface density of these channels. The Nav2.1/ β1/Contactin Stable Chinese Hamster Lung (CHL) Cell Line stably expresses rat Nav2.1 and β1 sodium channel subunits and mouse contactin. This cell line has been shown to express increased Na 2 channel density in the surface membrane and serves as a useful model in studies relating to neuronal Na 2 channel assembly and distributions.
|Species||Golden Hamster (M. auratus)|
|Species description||Cricetulus griseus (Chinese hamster)|
|Seeding Density||20,000 - 30,000 cells/cm2|
|Population Doubling Time||30 - 40 hours|
For Research Use Only
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Pharmaceutical Target||Ion Channels|
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
Use of PriCoatTMT25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells inECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to a final concentration of 10% and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.
|Preservation Protocol||1. Freeze Medium: Complete growth medium with 20% FBS and 10% DMSO.|
2. Storage Temperature: Liquid nitrogen vapour phase.
1) Western blotting and immunocytochemistry were used to detect the Nav2.1, β1 and Contactin expression; 2) 3H-STX binding and current density measurements were used to assess the increased expression of Na+ channels.
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Depositor||University of Michigan|
- Isom, LL et al. "Functional co-expression of the beta 1 and type IIA alpha subunits of sodium channels in amammalian cell line" J Biol Chem 270(7):3306-12 (1995). PubMed: 7852416.
- Kazarinova-Noyes, K et al. "Contactin associates with Na+ channels and increases their functional expression" J Neurosci. 21(19):7517-25 (2001). PubMed: 11567041.