Prigrow II Medium
|Description||abm’s PriGrow Media Series for mammalian cell culture is composed of high-quality, specific formulations for the optimal growth of different types of primary cells.
PriGrow media is offered as a basal, serum and antibiotic-free formula to provide the end user with the flexibility of further supplement and serum addition if required. Each lot has been fully tested and optimized for the ability to support the growth of the intended primary cells, in addition to being QC tested for sterility, pH, osmolality and endotoxin levels.
Special media modification is available as a Custom Media Service, please contact a technical representative at [email protected] for more details.
|Caution||For research use only and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic applications. abm products are intended for laboratory research purposes only, unless noted otherwise. They are not intended for use in humans. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.|
|Endotoxin Level||≤ 1EU/ml|
|Storage Condition||Store at 2-8°C.|
|For the PriGrow Series, are they serum free media?|
Yes, PriGrow Series are provided as serum free media. The end user has to add FBS to make the media complete.
|Do we need anti-biotics in the media?|
ABM's PriGrow consists of basal medium only. In order to make it into complete media, usually one needs to add 10% FBS as well as antibiotics, if desired. To answer the question, yes you will need to add your own antibiotics or antifungal solution.
|What is the difference between PriGrow I, II, III or IV?|
Each medium is optimized with our proprietary formulation to support the proliferation and growth for different cell types.
|What is the color of the PriGrow media?|
All of ABM's PriGrow media are red, as they contain Phenol Red Indicator.
|Is a free sample for the media available?|
Unfortunately we do not offer free samples for this product.
|I would like to purchase a compatable media to PriGrow, could you please recommend one?|
We have optimized our media composition to provide the best growth conditions for the cell types it supports. We do not carry out testing of other products to be able to suggest alternatives that can perform to the same standards.
|Can this media be frozen and thawed?|
Freezing the media may compromise the quality of the product, therefore we advise only to store at 2-8°C
|Does Prigrow II contain glucose?|
Yes, TM002 contains 2000mg/L glucose.
- Verma, G et al. "JNK1/2 regulates ER-mitochondrial Ca2+ cross-talk during IL-1β-mediated cell death in RINm5F and human primary β-cells" Mol Biol Cell 24(12):2058-71 (2013). DOI: 10.1091/mbc.E12-12-0885. PubMed: 23615449.
- Yong, C et al. "The therapeutic effect of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 delivered by an electrospun scaffold for hyperglycemia and nephrotic disorders" Int J Nanomedicine 9:985-93 (2014). DOI: 10.2147/IJN.S55812. PubMed: 24600221.
- Kiratipaiboon, C et al. "Glycyrrhizic acid attenuates stem cell-like phenotypes of human dermal papilla cells" Phytomedicine 22(14):1269-78 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.phymed.2015.11.002. PubMed: 26626191.
- Rubenstein, D. A et al. "Tobacco and e-cigarette products initiate Kupffer cell inflammatory responses" Molecular immunology 2:652-660 (2015). DOI: doi:10.1016/j.molimm.2015.05.020. Application: Culture.
- Galván, J. A et al. "Validation of COL11A1/procollagen 11A1 expression in TGF-β1-activated immortalised human mesenchymal cells and in stromal cells of human colon adenocarcinoma" BMC Cancer 14:867 (2014). DOI: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-867. Application: Culture.
- Levine, C. B et al. "Effects and synergy of feed ingredients on canine neoplastic cell proliferation" BMC Veterinary Research 1:159 (2016). DOI: DOI: 10.1186/s12917-016-0774-9. Application: Culture.
- Han, Z et al. "Survivin silencing and TRAIL expression using oncolytic adenovirus increase anti-tumorigenic activity in gemcitabine-resistant pancreatic cancer cells" Apoptosis 3:351-364 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s10495-015-1208-z. PubMed: 26677013. Application: Culture.
- Charan, M., Dravid, P., Cam, M., Audino, A., Gross, A. C., Arnold, M. A., ... & Cam, H. "GD2‐directed CAR‐T cells in combination with HGF‐targeted neutralizing antibody (AMG102) prevent primary tumor growth and metastasis in Ewing Sarcoma" International Journal of Cancer. : (2019).
- Han, Z., Kang, D., Joo, Y., Lee, J., Oh, G.-H., Choi, S., … Song, J. J. "TGF-β downregulation-induced cancer cell death is finely regulated by the SAPK signaling cascade" Experimental & Molecular Medicine 50(12): (2018). DOI: 10.1038/s12276-018-0189-8.
- Seoane, M., Buhs, S., Iglesias, P., Strauss, J., Puller, A.-C., Müller, J., … Horstmann, M. A. "Lineage-specific control of TFIIH by MITF determines transcriptional homeostasis and DNA repair" Oncogene 38(19):3616–3635 (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41388-018-0661-x.