Prigrow IV Medium
|Description||abm’s PriGrow Media Series for mammalian cell culture is composed of high-quality, specific formulations for the optimal growth of different types of primary cells.
PriGrow media is offered as a basal, serum and antibiotic-free formula to provide the end user with the flexibility of further supplement and serum addition if required. Each lot has been fully tested and optimized for the ability to support the growth of the intended primary cells, in addition to being QC tested for sterility, pH, osmolality and endotoxin levels.
Special media modification is available as a Custom Media Service, please contact a technical representative at [email protected] for more details.
|Caution||For research use only and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic applications. abm products are intended for laboratory research purposes only, unless noted otherwise. They are not intended for use in humans. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.|
|Endotoxin Level||≤ 1EU/ml|
|Storage Condition||Store at 2-8°C.|
|Do we need anti-biotics in the media?|
ABM's PriGrow consists of basal medium only. In order to make it into complete media, usually one needs to add 10% FBS as well as antibiotics, if desired. To answer the question, yes you will need to add your own antibiotics or antifungal solution.
|What is the difference between PriGrow I, II, III or IV?|
Each medium is optimized with our proprietary formulation to support the proliferation and growth for different cell types.
|Is a free sample for the media available?|
Unfortunately we do not offer free samples for this product.
|What is the color of the PriGrow media?|
All of ABM's PriGrow media are red, as they contain Phenol Red Indicator.
|For the PriGrow Series, are they serum free media?|
Yes, PriGrow Series are provided as serum free media. The end user has to add FBS to make the media complete.
|I would like to purchase a compatable media to PriGrow, could you please recommend one?|
We have optimized our media composition to provide the best growth conditions for the cell types it supports. We do not carry out testing of other products to be able to suggest alternatives that can perform to the same standards.
|Can this media be frozen and thawed?|
Freezing the media may compromise the quality of the product, therefore we advise only to store at 2-8°C
|Does Prigrow IV contain glucose?|
Yes, TM004 contains 3.15mg/L glucose.
|Does Prigrow IV contain calcium? If so, at what concentration?|
Yes, TM004 contains 1mM of CaCl2.
- Prabhu, A et al. "Targeting the Unfolded Protein Response in Glioblastoma Cells with the Fusion Protein EGF-SubA" PLoS One 7(12):e52265 (2012). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0052265.
- Erkan, EP et al. "Depletion of minichromosome maintenance protein 7 inhibits glioblastoma multiforme tumor growth in vivo. Oncogene" Oncogene : (2013). DOI: 10.1038/onc.2013.423. PubMed: 24166506.
- Kim, BS et al. "Human collagen-based multilayer scaffolds for tendon-to-bone interface tissue engineering" J Biomed Mater Res A. : (2013). DOI: 10.1002/jbm.a.35057. PubMed: 24327550.
- Deep, G. et al. "Silibinin inhibits fibronectin induced motility, invasiveness and survival in human prostate carcinoma PC3 cells via targeting integrin signaling" Mutation Research/Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis 768:35-48 (2014). PubMed: 25285031.
- Schlaepfer, I. R et al. "Inhibition of Lipid Oxidation Increases Glucose Metabolism and Enhances 2-Deoxy-2-[18F]Fluoro-d-Glucose Uptake in Prostate Cancer Mouse Xenografts" Molecular Imaging and Biology 4:529-538 (2015). DOI: 10.1007/s11307-014-0814-4. PubMed: 25561013.
- Dozio, V., & Sanchez, J.-C. "Profiling the proteomic inflammatory state of human astrocytes using DIA mass spectrometry" Journal of Neuroinflammation 15(1): (2018). DOI: 10.1186/s12974-018-1371-6.
- Gutkin, D. W., Shurin, M. R., Azher, E., Alaoui, M., Shurin, G. V., Velikokhatnaya, L., ... & Elishaev, E. "Novel protein and immune response markers of human serous tubal intraepithelial carcinoma of the ovary" Cancer Biomarkers (Preprint):1-9 (2019).