Stable V94M Mutated hGALE Expressing CHO Cell Line
|T3198||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||GALE (UDP-galactose 4′-epimerase) is an enzyme involved in the Leloir pathway of galactose metabolism. The Stable V94M Mutated hGALE Expressing CHO Cell Line is generated for the in depth study of the mutant enzyme and its effects on the Leloir pathway.
abm also offers mutated versions of the GALE gene for further exploration on the effects of galactose metabolism, and associated disorders due to enzyme defects. Refer to G90E mutant (T3197), and C307Y mutant (T3199). The wild type is also available for comparison studies (T3196).
|Species||Golden Hamster (M. auratus)|
|Seeding Density||Thaw entire contents into an appropriate T25 flask as specified in the Propagation instructions.|
For Research Use Only
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
|Propagation Requirements||The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow IV medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM004. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to a final concentration of 10%, 200 ug/ml G418 (G271), and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.|
200 μg/ml G418 was used for selection
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected]ood.com.
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
- Schulz, JM et al. "Mediators of galactose sensitivity in UDP-galactose 4'-epimerase-impaired mammalian cells" J Biol Chem 280(14):13493-13502 (2005). PubMed: 1570163.