2nd Generation Packaging System Mix
For the production of lentiviral particles, three components are generally required: 1) a lentiviral vector containing your inserts of interest (cDNA, shRNA, or miRNA), 2) one or two packaging vectors which contain all necessary viral structure proteins, 3) an envelope vector expressing Vesicular Stomatitis Virus (VSV) glycoprotein (G). In general, lentiviral vectors with a wildtype 5' LTR need the 2nd generation packaging system because these vectors require TAT for activation. However, the 2nd generation packaging mix will also support the production of 3rd lentiviral expression vector with a chimeric 5' LTR. All the lentiviral expression vectors marketed by ABM are 3rd generation with a chimeric of RSV promoter upstream of 5'-LTR.
|Unit quantity||200 µl|
|Caution||Not for diagnostic use.|
NOT FOR RESALE without prior written consent of ABM. This product is distributed for laboratory research only.
- Enhanced Lentivirus Safety Features: Replication Incompetency
- Suggested MOI for Common Cancer Cell Lines
- Lentiviral System FAQ
|How do I convert a generation 3 lentiviral vector into a vector that can be used by generation 2 packaging system?|
All second generation packaging systems can package both second and third generation lentiviral expression vectors.
|Is it possible to make our own plasmid preparations from the packaging mix and then use them in transfections?|
Unfortunately it is not possible to amplify these plasmids as they are provided in a pre-made mixture.
|Can I use 2nd Generation Packaging System for generation of lentivirus for pLKO.1 ShRNA knockdown vectors?|
If you are using lentiviral vectors that are compatible with a second generation packaging system then it should be fine, however, we have not tested this in house.
|Which system should I use to package my TAT dependent vector?|
TAT dependent vectors will need to be packaged using a 2nd generation system (abm Cat LV003). 3rd generation packaging systems (abm Cat. LV053) will not be compatible with this type of vector.
|What is the titer for viruses made by Cat# LV003 with 293T cells?|
For both our 2nd or 3rd generation packaging mixes, the crude viral supernatant (i.e. not concentrated nor purified) titer will be around 10^6IU/ml.
- Jin, Q et al. "Decreased Tumor Progression and Invasion by a Novel Anti-Cell Motility Target for Human Colorectal Carcinoma Cells" PLoS ONE 8(6):e66439 (2013). DOI: doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0066439.
- Pae, EK;Kim, G;, et al. "Insulin production hampered by intermittent hypoxia via impaired zinc homeostasis" PLoS ONE 9-2:e90192 (2014). PubMed: 24587273.
- Jin, Q;Liu, G;Domeier, PP;Ding, W;Mulder, KM;, et al. "Decreased tumor progression and invasion by a novel anti-cell motility target for human colorectal carcinoma cells" PLoS ONE 8-6:e66439 (2013). PubMed: 23755307.
- Taylor, HE et al. "The Innate Immune Factor Apolipoprotein L1 Restricts HIV-1 Infection" J. Virol. 1:592-603 (2014). DOI: 10.1128/JVI.02828-13. PubMed: 24173214. Application: Viral Packaging.
- Morgan, S. "PKA as the Effector of Beta-2-Adrenoreceptor Signaling Regulating Airway Smooth Muscle Relaxation" Thesis : (2013). Application: Viral Packaging.
- Li, FY et al. "Second messenger role for Mg2+ revealed by human T-cell immunodeficiency" Nature 475:471 - 6 (2011). DOI: 10.1038/nature10246. PubMed: 21796205. Application: Transfection.
- George, R et al. "A SHORT INTERFERING RNA MOLECULAR BEACON FOR THE ATTENUATION OF MYCOBACTERIAL INFECTION" American Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology 10:40-49 (2014). DOI: 10.3844/ajbbsp.2014.40.49. Application: Viral Packaging.
- Pae, E. K. et al. "Insulin Production Hampered by Intermittent Hypoxia Via Impared Zinc Homeostasis " PLoS One 2:e90192 (2014). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0090192. PubMed: 24587273. Application: Lentivirus Production .
- Zhang, J et al. "The construction and proliferative effects of a lentiviral vector capable of stably overexpressing SPINK1 gene in human pancreatic cancer AsPC-1 cell line" Tumour Biol. :1-9 (2015). PubMed: 26586397.
- Morgan, SJ et al. "β-Agonist-mediated relaxation of airway smooth muscle is protein kinase A-dependent" J Biol Chem 289(33):23065-74 (2014). DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M114.557652. PubMed: 24973219.
- Juang, YL et al. "PRRX2 as a novel TGF-β-induced factor enhances invasion and migration in mammary epithelial cell and correlates with poor prognosis in breast cancer" Mol Carcinog : (2016). DOI: 10.1002/mc.22465. PubMed: 26824226.
- Nangami, et al. "Fetuin-A (alpha 2HS glycoprotein) modulates growth, motility, invasion, and senescence in high-grade astrocytomas" Cancer Medicine : (2016). DOI: 10.1002/cam4.940. Application: Knockdown of Cell Line.
- Juang, YL et al. "PRRX2 as a novel TGF-β-induced factor enhances invasion and migration in mammary epithelial cell and correlates with poor prognosis in breast cancer" Molecular Carcinogenesis 55.12:2247–2259 (2016). DOI: 10.1002/mc.22465. Application: Packaging.
- Zhang, et al. "The construction and proliferative effects of a lentiviral vector capable of stably overexpressing SPINK1 gene in human pancreatic cancer AsPC-1 cell line" Tumour Biology 37.5:5847 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s13277-015-4405-z. Application: Generation of lentiviral vectors.
- Geekiyanage, H et al. "MiR-31 and miR-128 regulates poliovirus receptor-related 4" Mol Oncol 9:1387-1403 (2016). DOI: 10.1016/j.molonc.2016.07.007.
- Gomaa, A., Peng, D., Chen, Z., Soutto, M., Abouelezz, K., Corvalan, A., & El-Rifai, W. "Epigenetic regulation of AURKA by miR-4715-3p in upper gastrointestinal cancers" Scientific reports 9(1):1-11 (2019).
- Von Dwingelo, J., Chung, I. Y. W., Price, C. T., Li, L., Jones, S., Cygler, M., & Abu Kwaik, Y. "Interaction of the Ankyrin H Core Effector of Legionella with the Host LARP7 Component of the 7SK snRNP Complex" mBio 10(4): (2019). DOI: 10.1128/mbio.01942-19.
- Lenti-Promoterless Kit Complete Kit$1,145.00
- iLenti™ GFP Cloning Kit$590.00
- iLenti™ Cloning Kit$590.00
- iLenti™ GFP Complete Cloning Kit$910.00
- iLenti™ Complete Cloning Kit$910.00
- Partial Lenti-HA Kit$645.00
- Complete Lenti-HA Kit$975.00
- Partial Lenti-His Kit$645.00
- Complete Lenti-His Kit$975.00
- Lentivirus Packaging Kit$380.00
- Lenti-Promoterless-Luc Complete Kit$1,145.00
- Lenti-Bicistronic-Luc Complete Kit$1,100.00
- Lenti-CMV-RFP-2A-Puro Complete Kit$1,075.00
- Lenti-III-RFP-C Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-RFP-C Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-RFP-N Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-RFP-N Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-CMV-GFP-2A-Puro Complete Kit$1,075.00
- Lenti-III-2A-GFP Partial Kit$745.00
- Lenti-III-2A-GFP Complete Kit$1,075.00
- Lenti-EF1a-GFP-2A-Puro Complete Kit$1,075.00
- Lenti-Promoterless-GFP Complete Kit$1,145.00
- Lenti-III-EF1α Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-EF1α Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-Tri-cistronic Kit Complete Kit$1,100.00
- Lenti-Bi-cistronic Kit Complete Kit$1,100.00
- Lenti-III-GFP-C Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-CFP-N Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-GFP-C Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-GFP-N Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-PGK Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-PGK Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-UbC Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-UbC Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-HA Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-HA Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-CFP-N Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-CFP-C Kit Complete Kit$975.00
- Lenti-III-GFP-N Kit Partial Kit$645.00
- Lenti-III-CFP-C Kit Partial Kit$645.00