ABL1 Stable Ba/F3 Cell Line
|T3100||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||Fusing a kinase domain to a homodimerization domain such as the PNT domain of ETV6 can result in activated kinase. The ABL1 Stable Ba/F3 Cell Line expresses activated ABL1 tyrosine kinase that is linked to a GFP reporter (GFP-ETV6-ABL1 in a MSCV-puro vector). Ba/F3 cells expressing activated tyrosine kinase become completely dependent on the kinase activity for survival and as a result, the cells can be propagated even in the absence of IL-3.
ABL1 belongs to the ABL non-receptor tyrosine kinase family, which consists of proteins involved in numerous biological functions, such as DNA damage repair, cell motility and adhesion, and apoptosis. ABL1 is a cytoplasmic and nuclear tyrosine kinase that has been implicated in processes of cell differentiation, cell division, cell adhesion, and stress response. The DNA-binding activity of ABL1 tyrosine kinase is regulated by CDC2-mediated phosphorylation, suggesting a cell cycle function. Mutations in the ABL1 gene are associated with chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).
|Species||Mouse (M. musculus)|
|Species description||Mus musculus|
|Tissue/Organ/Organ System||Bone Marrow|
|Seeding Density||Thaw entire contents into an appropriate T25 flask as specified in the Propagation instructions.|
|Applications||For Research Use Only|
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
|Propagation Requirements||The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow II medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM002. To make the completed growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to a final concentration of 10%, Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. May be grown with presence of 1 μg/ml puromycin but is not required for optimal cell growth. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.|
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|What is the biosafety level for these cells?|
In accordance to the U.S. Public Health Service Guidelines, the designation of Ba/F3, a murine Pro B cell line, falls under laboratory biosafety level 1 (BSL-1). Biosafety Level 1 is suitable for work involving well-characterized agents not known to cause disease in humans and present minimal potential hazard to the laboratory personnel and the environment. It is the responsibility of the end user to ensure that their facility comply with biosafety regulations for their own country. The regulation guidelines include, but not limited to: Enforcement of standard laboratory practices:
There are no references for this product yet!