AZ-GR Stable HeLa Luciferase Reporter Cell Line
|T3103||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||The glucocorticoid receptpr (GR) is a ligand-activated transcription factor that binds endogenous glucocorticoids such as cortisol and synthetic glucocorticoids commonly used as anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive drugs. The AZ-GR Stable HeLa Luciferase Reporter Cell Line is a selective, sensitive and reliable tool for high throughput gene reporter assays examining GR activity. It was created by stably transfecting plasmids containing glucocorticoid response elements (GREs) coupled with the luciferase reporter gene in to HeLa cells with endogenous GR. This cell line is particularly efficient for research on pre-clinical studies investigating novel glucocorticoid pharmaceuticals or for environmental applications, such as monitoring the levels of steroid hormones present in soil or water samples.|
|Species||Human (H. sapiens)|
|Species description||Homo sapiens|
|Seeding Density||Thaw entire contents into an appropriate T25 flask as specified in the Propagation instructions.|
|Applications||For Research Use Only|
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
Use of PriCoatTMT25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells inECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III medium available at abm, Cat. No. TM003. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to final concentration of 10%, 4 mM L-glutamine (G275), 1% nonessential amino acids, 1mM sodium pyruvate (TM057), and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0
|QC||Selective growth on media containing hygromycin B (0.2 mg/ml)|
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Caution||For Research Use Only|
|Cell Type||Reporter Cells|
|Is the GFP or RFP signal localized within the cell?|
|What type of GFP or RFP do these cell lines express, and from which promoter?|
The GFP is derived from copGFP (from Pontellina plumata) and the RFP is derived from mKate2 (from Entacmaea quadricolor). They are expressed from a proximal SV40 promoter, and a more distal CMV promoter may also drive expression. If you are looking for a cell line with a specific fluorescent reporter, or with a specific promoter, abm can perform a Stable Cell Line Generation service. Simply ask [email protected] for a quote.
- Novotna, A et al. "Construction and characterization of a reporter gene cell line for assessment of human glucocorticoid receptor acti" European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 47:842-847 (2012). PubMed: 23089292.