Stable ΔN-IκBα Expressing HOS-DS-Red (HOS-DS-Red/ΔN-IκBα) Cell Line
|T6109||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Description||Human Osetosarcoma (HOS) cells were transfected using electorporation with the piggyBac transposon and plasmid carrying a transposase gene to stably express a degradation resistant I-κBα (?N-I-κBα) under the control of a SV40 promoter. Successful clones were selected for through puromycin resistance. As a result of the constitutive repression of NF-κB by the degradation resistant inhibitor ?N-I-κBα, these cell are resistant to senescence caused by infection with human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1). Thus, HOS-DS-Red/ΔN-IκBα cells can be productively infected by HTLV-1 and can spread HTLV-1 to susceptible cells. This line also contains a reporter cassette containing 18 copies of Tax-inducible HTLV-1 21bp repeat, the HTLV-1 TATA element, complete R region, and part of the U5 sequence fused with a gene for DS-Red fluorescence protein (DS-Red) so that upon infection of cells with HTLV-1, the DS-Red protein is expressed. It is suggested that this cell line can be used to study of HTLV-1 replication in cell culture.|
|Species||Human (H. sapiens)|
|Seeding Density||20,000 - 30,000 cells per cm2.|
|Population Doubling Time||30 - 40 hours|
For Research Use Only
|Unit quantity||1x106 cells / 1.0 ml|
|Cell Type||Drug Discovery Cells|
ΔN-I-κBα , DS-Red
|Propagation Requirements||The base medium for this cell line is Prigrow III available at abm, Cat. No. TM003 . To make the completed growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum (TM999) to final concentration of 10%, 2mM L-glutamine (G275), Penicillin/Streptomycin (G255) to a final concentration of 1%. Carbon dioxide (CO2): 5%, Temperature: 37.0°C.|
1) Verified the expression of RFP upon HTLV-1 infection via imaging (Figure 1).2) Showed cells could spread from one HOS line to another as well as to a T-cell reporter line by imaging RFP expression and measuring Luciferase activity from the report lines (Figure 5).
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact [email protected] for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at [email protected].
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm's standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user's culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination's temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm's cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the "Warranty Period."
|Depositor||The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine|
There are no references for this product yet!